DREAMS


There is a story about a fisherman, who lived along the bank of a river. Walking home with his eyes half-closed one evening after a hard day’s toil, he was dreaming of what he will do if he would be rich.
Suddenly his foot struck against a leather pouch filled with what seemed to him small stones. Absent-mindedly he picked up the pouch and began throwing the pebbles in the water.
“When I am rich,” he said to himself, “I’ll build myself a palace.”
And he threw a stone. He threw another, and thought, “I’ll have servants and rich food.”
This went on until only one stone was left. As he held it in his hand, a ray of light caught it and made it sparkle. He realized then that it was a valuable gem, that he had been throwing away the real riches in his hand while he dreamed idly of unreal riches in the future.
Unknown author

Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

COSER O FUTURO

GUARDADORAS DA ESPERANÇA

MISSÃO É DIÁLOGO